I’m so there if they come close to Chicago. Read it here.
1. It’s April 22. I’m watching coverage of the Philadelphia primary. This shit is incredible. No matter which way you vote, this whole process has been entertaining. I can only handle MSNBC though. Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews handle their reporting with a dose or wry humor that’s deeply needed right now. Besides, with Matthews’s sincerity, you get the feeling they aren’t just doing it for a paycheck.
2. fIREHOSE – “If’n” – The second disc from Mike Watt and George Hurley’s post Minutemen band. Surprisingly good. An easy listen. Got it at this cool used record store off the Belmont stop yesterday for $5.45.
3. You guys. Yesterday we had our second best day ever in terms of traffic. 188 hits! Thanks for visiting. Leave some comments, send us an e-mail, even ask to contribute. This site only gets better with your help.
If there are any reunion shows, bank on me being there.
BTW, I fixed the comments section on the website, so now ANYONE can comment. Have fun, get those conversational juices flowing, and enjoy the stuff we’re bringing to the table.
Vulture made me want to hear the new Coldplay album.
Busy day. That’s all I’ve got for now.
Another week, another ayvee. This time, our man’s back on with another set of new hits, underground faves, and even some golden oldies. As always, our EXCLUSIVE podcast is a must listen. Check it out, comment back, or drop the creator an email at this address. You know how to change the words into symbols.
Without further adieu…
1. (intro) … Les Baxter – Take It From Me
2. Estelle (feat. Kardinal Offishall) – Magnificent
3. No Age – Eraser
4. Islands – I feel Evil Creeping In
5. Wale – Conclusion
6. Midnight Juggernauts – Ending of an Era
7. Sam the Sham & The Pharoahs – Lil’ Red Riding Hood
8. El Perro Del Mar – You Can’t Steal A Gift
9. Kid Cudi – Day ‘n’ Nite (Crookers remix)
10. James – What’s the World
11. Leon Jean-Marie – Bed of Nails
12. (recap) … The Tornados – Dreamin’ on a Cloud
13. Boney M – Felicidad
14. Left Banke – Ivy Ivy
15. Portishead – We Carry On
16. Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons – C’mon Marianne
17. Estelle – Prety Please (feat. Cee-Lo)
18. The Chap – Carlos Walter Wendy Stanley
19. Santogold – Starstruck
20. Scarlett Johannson – Anywhere I Lay My Head
Today I’ve finally gotten around to archiving all of our pre ayvee podcasts.
Admittedly, most are offbeat, some are legendary – May 13, 2006’s “donutcast.” for example, which eminated from Honey Fluff donuts in Carpentersville, Illinois, and some even controversial -“influencecast” – where we recieved our most negative feedback to date.
So, if that’s your kind of thing and want to hear a bunch of our first-class staffers ramble on about things like hummus, fruit and the midwest, then check them out. You may hear something you like or learn something you didnt know about.
Fun Fact: Target Corporation’s very own Jordan De Shon even stopped by to DJ a few tracks on our very first podcast: “Dusty Gems and Raw Nuggets”…